I’m going to lay it all out there: I’m obsessed with getting my groceries delivered.
There. I said it.
Now I’m going to tell you why.
I have been a Shipt customer for about seven months now and it has been one of the best decisions I could have made for our family and for myself.
- I don’t have to drag all three kids to the grocery store with me, distracting me while I’m trying to remember everything I need and taking up cart space.
- I don’t have to wait until my husband comes home so I can go alone.
- I don’t have to have HIM stop on his way home from work. This is a big one.
- This is sort of a combination of points 2 and 3, but it gives us SO MUCH time back. That time is directly turned back into time we can spend as a family.
- I can stick to a budget better- because I can see my cart total and don’t have to keep track in my head as I shop, it’s easier to adjust as needed.
- Also relating to a budget- I have a few different store options I can choose from, and have, on occasion, shopped from two in one day. This allowed me to get the better deals and selection I wanted.
- It’s easier for me to keep track of what I need to pick up. If my husband says, “babe we’re out of toothpaste”, I can literally go to the app and add it to my cart right away for my next order so I don’t forget. Same goes for any food item I don’t buy weekly and might otherwise forget.
- For the items I do buy regularly, I can “favorite” them and it makes my shopping that much quicker so I don’t have to search for my preferred brands every time!
- I’m able to shop more frequently. With a Shipt membership, there’s no delivery fee as long as your order is at least $35 or more. That being said, I don’t necessarily need to do a “big” haul. I tend to do 2-3 smaller orders every week. That way I can easily replenish things like milk, fruit and unexpectedly needed household items and save space in my pantry and fridge. (*household items: today I was doing laundry and my tiny kids basket was overflowing. By the time I dried the laundry I had a brand new, bigger laundry basket. HELLO convenience!)
- Meal planning made easier. Let’s say you want to try some new recipes. Being able to type in the ingredients you need rather than search the store for something you may not typically buy makes it 10x easier.
So how does it work? With Shipt, you pay an annual membership fee of $99, or you can sign up for $49 with my discount code: mWSZv.
How does it differ from Instacart? Well. They’re pretty similar actually. I don’t have anything against Instacart and have used it a few times. The major points are these:
- Instacart doesn’t require a membership… but does have a membership option of $149.
- Shipt DOES require a membership of $99.
- Both offer free delivery on orders $35 or more with their memberships.
- They carry different store options, which will vary by zip code.
For my personal preferences and budget, Shipt was the better option.
So there you have it!! Grocery delivery is amazing, and quite frankly, a total game-changer for this stay at home mom. ❤️
CLICK HERE and enter discount code mWSZv at checkout for $50 off your annual membership!
*this is not an affiliate/sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own and completely sincere. If you use my code to sign up for Shipt at the discounted rate, I do receive a discount on a future order. This does not influence my opinions.