For those who were unable to attend and for those who are just curious… Here is a snapshot of Ellavie’s first birthday party! She did amazing with her smash cake, and will be donating all of her birthday money to Operation Smile . 🙂
For my blog followers: All of the decor was either DIY or dirt cheap. Links for the Pinterest tutorials or store credits are below the photos.
Cake and smash cake: Target
Gold glitter circle stickers: Target Clearance
Heart table decor: Dollar Tree
See below for homemade Mac+Cheese recipe!
Gold dress: Petite Adele on Zulily
I can’t find the tutorial I used for the tutu because I learned when Ellavie was a baby and I don’t like the other ones I’m seeing on Pinterest; they make it too complicated! – but if you want to learn, please ask!
Paper banner tutorial: Pinterest
(Scrapbook paper: Hobby lobby)
Oreo pop party favors: Pinterest
(I used white chocolate to cover and pink heart sprinkles from Joann Fabrics)
“1” Poster: Shutterfly
Gold Balloons: Target Clearance
Pink wrapping paper cut to size: Dollar Tree
Gold washi tape: Joann Fabrics
Gold table cloth: Joann Fabrics
Homemade Mac + Cheese Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4lbs velveeta
- .5lb Colby cheese (or your choice!)
- 8-10 cups milk
- 4 boxes large shells pasta
- Boil pasta in generously salted water until al dente.
- Strain water and divide into 2 foil pans (pouring a little of the starchy water over the pasta will improve results and keep it from sticking) .
- In a small pan, Melt butter and stir in flour over low heat to create a roux. Set aside.
- In large pot, heat milk and melt cheese (cubed) over medium heat, whisking frequently until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add roux to cheese mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
- Pour cheese over pasta and mix.
- Watch as even the pickiest of eaters goes up for a third helping. (True story)
Thank you for joining us in the celebration of our sweet girl!!
Leave a Reply