Every year my husband and I host a Christmas party for our neighbors, family and friends. I try to mix up the menu a little bit each year, but also stick to a few staples that our guests have come to expect year to year. Lucky you: I’m going to share TWO of my recipes with you!!
Spoiler alert on the first recipe; it’s the title of this post. Shocking, I know.
My spicy cranberry meatballs is my most requested recipe. It’s honestly just wonderful for feeding a crowd; easy, straightforward, and not terribly expensive- but most importantly: DELICIOUS.
It’s a crockpot recipe, so, you’re welcome.
- 2 bags frozen Italian meatballs
- 2 cans jellied cranberries
- 8oz chili garlic sauce (I use Huy Fong brand)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Dump meatballs into crockpot set to high heat. (See? Easy already)
- In a bowl, whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, and soy sauce. If you want to make it even easier, you can cheat and use 1 cup of sweet bbq sauce.
- Once sugar is somewhat dissolved, whisk in the jellied cranberries and chili garlic sauce.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and stir until meatballs are coated.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for 5 hours.
Serves about 25 (at 4 meatballs/person).
Yes, it’s that simple. Enjoy!
**Stay tuned for another recipe next week! Don’t worry, I’ll have it posted before Christmas 😉 **