More apologies. I know, I know. I swear I’m going to start taking pictures of my projects WHILE I’m doing them. Probably.
So THIS project was fun. It adds just the perfect amount of whim and handmade charm to the nursery; I find myself staring at it regularly as it twists and turns when I rock my sweet boy late at night.
What you’ll need:
- Card stock, poster board, or another type of sturdy paper
- Metal or wood hoop (mine is 10″)
- String and/or thread and needle
- Metal hook (to twist into ceiling)
- Template of whatever you’d like to suspend from your hoop.
- First you’ll need a template. I used THIS one I found on Pinterest to make a very basic 3D airplane.
- Trace and cut out your shapes from your paper.
- If your paper is not the color you’d like it to be, go ahead and paint or color it to what you’d like. I used gold sharpie for a handmade scribbled look. I liked the texture and handmade feel it gave it! (And it went well with the canvas art I made).
- Attach string to your ring to suspend it from the ceiling. I used two approximately 24″ strands tied on each end and balanced in the center.
- Thread string through your paper shapes and suspend from your ring. Use varied lengths.
- Hang your mobile!
Now, I may not have taken step by step photos but I did take some closer shots so you can hopefully grasp the details. I’m always available for questions, but I have to be honest: the beauty of creativity is not always knowing exactly what you’re doing! 🙂 (or maybe that’s just me- haha!)