Spring is in the air; the snow is melting, people are emerging from behind their puffy parkas, and a sense of newness fills our hearts and minds as the days get longer and flowers begin to bloom. As the fog of winter lifts, I find myself feeling excited for new and exciting things to come and grateful for the people in my life. Particularly, I feel grateful for my husband. For the past year and a half, this man of mine has worked an especially hard role at his job. He has been working a 9:00pm-9:00am shift, barely sleeping, and then he turns around and still rocks at being an awesome father to our children, and *BONUS*, lets me sleep in on his days off. Jackpot? I sure think so. It only stands to reason, then, that all of that hard work and sacrifice cannot go unnoticed. Here are 5 ways I’m showing him I appreciate him this spring:
- Tell Him: It’s simple, really. Words mean a lot. I tell my husband frequently, and especially when he’s extra tired, that I appreciate all that he does to provide for our family so that I can stay home with the children. “Thank you” goes a long way. Tell the people you love that you appreciate them. You won’t regret it.
- Carry The Weight For Him: Another way I show my appreciation is by doing some of the things he normally does. I don’t know about you, but in our household we split a lot of the household work. It’s not exactly set in stone, but we have naturally settled into a routine of who does what; his “duties” typically include prepping coffee for the next morning and taking out the trash. Sometimes I do these things; not because I have to; not just because I can; but because I know that it lightens his load.
- Care For Him: Taking care of two crazy kids can eat up a lot of my time and energy, especially during the frigid Minnesota winter when it’s a lot of work to get out of the house. Even so, I try to make sure all of his needs are met. Has he had an opportunity to go for a run (something that is important to him)? Does he have a lunch made for work? Is he getting to sleep on time? Assuring these things happen for him means a lot to him, and shows how much I appreciate him.
- Get Away With Him: This one tends to go both ways; he makes sure I get a break from the weight of motherhood, and I make sure he gets a break in general. But on the flip side of that, it’s important that we take a break together, too. Who says only men get to plan dates? I often show my appreciate by calling the baby sitter and arranging an evening where we’re able to just be with each other and relax.
- Show Him: This one is my favorite. We both love to give each other gifts; I suppose you could say it’s one of our love languages. I had the opportunity to work with Jord Watches to gift him with a classy and unique timepiece for this spring. My husband appreciates attention to detail, and I know how much he loves a great watch. His style is very classic and minimalist, so the Jord Hyde Watch watch was the perfect gift to show him my appreciation. It came in a gorgeous solid wood box with a drawer to store the extra links and cleaning cloths. It also came with finishing oil to keep it looking pristine; it is wood, after all. My husband is thrilled to add such a unique and classic minimalist watch to his wardrobe; it’s exactly the right touch to round out his minimalist spring look.
Want to know what makes giving this gift to my husband even better? Getting to show my appreciation to YOU, too! I’ve teamed up with JORD Watches for a $100 credit giveaway! This giveaway runs until April 8th, so don’t waste any time. If you aren’t the incredibly lucky winner, fret not. At the end of the giveaway, everyone who enters will receive a coupon code for 10% off a watch of their choice. Lucky you 😉
Luxury Wooden Watch